Developer Fragile Continuum and publisher Hooded Horse have revealed brand new details about upcoming space-based RTS, Fragile Existence. Set to release later this year and playable during October’s Steam Next Fest, Fragile Existence pulls together elements of survival, 4X, management and real-time strategy into an immersive and detailed adventure taking place in the great unknown.
Set hundreds of years into the future, Fragile Existence takes place during a time where Earth, and all of her colonies, are wiped out. Players are tasked with guiding survivors to a distant safe haven while being pursued by an unknown enemy. Players must send out scouts to explore systems, drop units onto unique worlds and scavenge for supplies while defending themselves against other scattered remnants of humanity.
In the latest developer diary, developer Lee Harris goes into detail about some of the game’s core systems and how iteration has shaped the truly unique gameplay experience of Fragile Existence.
From a technical perspective, Fragile Existence features multiple planets for players to explore and utilize, each with their own biomes, temperatures and living creatures. Travel lanes will be key in allowing players to move between planets in a realistic way. Space travel isn’t easy so finding key points of interest in space and keeping track of important locations using the in-game senor screen map, will be paramount.
The game’s drop ship system allows players to anchor their fleets in orbit of a planet, select their stored assets and dispatch to a planet’s surface. The drop ship will also carry ground units up to the player’s hanger deck. Other elements added in during early prototyping stages include: physicalized inventory and cargo holds for every unit in the fleet, modular components which let you customize and expand your capabilities for ground-based building and resource-gathering.
Fragile Existence is set to release later this year on Steam and is currently part of TactiCon’s first showcase where hundreds of strategy games are being shown as part of a co-op event from publisher Hooded Horse and Firesquid.
You can follow updates on the game on their official website and Twitter page. To learn more about TactiCon and the games that are showcasing at this year’s event you can visit the official website here or head to the official Steam website.
- Secure the Future: Scout ahead and plot a course from system to system, syncing up to points of interest along the way. Explore worlds, gather desperately needed resources and stay on the move to avoid incoming enemies.
- Keep Your Fleet Organized: Whether you seek strength in number or smaller autonomous groups pursuing different objectives, players must decide the best strategy to keep things organized. One wrong move could mean the difference between staying alive and the end of humanity.
- Travel to the Ground: Collecting a variety of resources is paramount for survival. Ground expeditions allow players to transport to a planet’s survival to collect what they need. Traditional RTS systems such as base building and unit management will introduce a completely different set of mechanics to your space operations.
- Prepare for Combat: Your enemy is well armed, resourceful and will stop at nothing to see the remnants of humanity destroyed. Assign scientists to uncover blueprints and materials in order to unlock more offensive, defensive and civilian capabilities.
- Build Your Own Home: A full-fledged Planet Editor will give players the option to construct their own planets. Procedural generation, hand-crafted placements of creatures, resources and points of interest will allow for a great deal of flexibility. Systems can even be brought together using the Scenario Editor so players can craft their very own stories.
No olvides seguirnos en nuestras redes sociales:
Chef de C506, Marvel y DC ♥️