Ahead of the highly-anticipated second season premiere of “The Boys” on September 4 on Amazon Prime Video, Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP) is helping fans celebrate (or not celebrate) the ‘Supes’ with a robust line of consumer products offerings, including apparel, accessories, collectible toys, costumes, novelty and home goods. The show’s initial wave of products is being sold on its home platform on the Vought International themed storefront on Amazon. Select products are now available on Amazon with additional products being released throughout the year and in 2021.
Additionally, Amazon X-Ray is offering a one-of-a-kind, interactive shopping experience for fans by giving them the opportunity to purchase products they see during the second season and on the new weekly after-show “Prime Rewind: Inside the Boys.” Using web, mobile or Fire TV, fans will be able to spot exclusive t-shirts and plush that they can take home for themselves.
“’The Boys’ has an unconventional yet captivating storyline around superheroes that you can’t find anywhere else, and we are extremely proud of the success the show has received so far. With season two coming up and season three greenlit already, we’ve been working fast and furiously to bring fans around the world products they can use to express their true fandom.” said Jamie Stevens, EVP, Worldwide Consumer Products, Sony Pictures Entertainment. “We are thrilled by the support and seamless collaboration of all our licensees to help deliver products across various categories and allow fans to support the show in many ways. With the unique in-viewing shopping experience that Amazon is offering, we are sure that the opportunity presents even more meaningful purchases for fans.”
The following licensees for “The Boys” have products available now for purchase or pre-orders:
- Funko stylized Pop! vinyl collectables including fan-favorite characters: Homelander, Starlight, A-Train, Queen Maeve, Translucent (Clear), Billy Butcher and Hughie. Pre-orders now available for release March 15, 2021 at Amazon.
- Jazwares plush based directly on product seen in the series. Pre-orders now available for release on December 15, 2020 at Amazon.
- Mad Engine apparel and accessories now available at Hot Topic, Spencer’s and FYE.
- Ripple Junction apparel themed to Vought International, The Seven and The Boys. The line includes men’s and women’s t-shirts, baseball tees, sweatshirts, pullover hoodies and tank tops. Now available for purchase at Amazon. New apparel designs will be released throughout the second season of the show.
- Spirit Halloween will feature adult costumes themed to Starlight, Homelander and The Deep. Available now on www.spirithalloween.com.
- Universe Publishing 2021 wall calendar, now available on Amazon.
Additional licensees for 2020 include: Culturefly accessories and Just Funky drinkware, home and novelty goods and Trends International Posters. NECA is also releasing highly-detailed, fully poseable, 7” Homelander and Starlight action figures that come in premium packaging; the leading collectibles maker is working on a special product for consumers as well around the fan-favorite character Laser Baby from the first season of “The Boys.” The excitement continues in 2021 with licensee Good Smile’s vinyl action figures.
SPCP is going beyond the U.S. with a slew of international licensee collaborations as well, including:
- Cotton Division apparel, accessories and home goods
- Territory: France
- EMP Merchandising apparel, accessories, bags and footwear available at www.emp.de/fan-merch/the-boys
- Territory: Europe
- Good Speed, Inc. apparel, accessories and novelty
- Territory: Japan
- New apparel collection and dedicated brand page launching online at www.goodspeed-store.com this month
- Village Vanguard in store feature in 10 Tokyo flagship locations this month
- Grupo Erik Editores S.L. posters, prints, calendars and novelty
- Territories: Andora, France, Portugal, Spain
- Pyramid Posters Limited posters
- Territories: Europe, Middle East
- Ripple Junction apparel
- Territories: Germany, UK
- Available on amazon.co.uk and amazon.de
- Sprd.Net AG apparel and bags
- Territories: Austria, France, Germany, Switzerland, United Kingdom