Yesterday, PlayStation announced on twitter that all PS4 owners can change their online ID. If you are like me and you don’t like your online ID name anymore, then you can finally change it. YAY!
Although you can change your online ID there are a few cons, such as:
- You can only change it once for free, if you would like to change it again after that, then you would have to pay a The first change is free, and changes after that will cost $9.99 USD / CAD. For PlayStation Plus members, it will cost $4.99 USD/ CAD for each change after the first one.
- It is only available to those who have a PS4 or access to the PlayStation online website.
- All PS4 games originally published on or after April 1, 2018, have been developed to support the online ID change feature, but they do not guarantee that all games will fully support the feature.
- You may lose progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data, and progress towards Trophies.
- Parts of your game and applications may not function properly both online and offline.
- You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you may have acquired for your games including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
With all of those problems that may happen, I personally would hold off on changing my PSN online ID, until I know there won’t be any issues. Especially, the last three listed above. But, if you don’t mind taking the risk then, by all means, go for it. This is how you go about doing just that.
If you have any more questions, click on the tweet above.
Don’t forget to follow us on our social media:
Facebook page: C506
Facebook Group: C506-Community Geek
Twitter: C506 Latin America
You can also follow us on our YouTube channel.
If you liked this, I encourage you to read:
I am the type of person, who likes to play video games and watch movies.