My annual DC coverage for C506 at NY Toy Fair brought me direct to the source this year, at DC Direct. As always, their statue line was eclectic and beautiful. A staple of DC statuary is the 1:6 scale DC Designer Series.
Brian Walters, Senior Art Director at DC Direct:
DC Designer Series, one of my favorite lines, it takes some of our favorite artists and allows them to do what they do and what they’re most famous for. So, Stanley Lau is a great cover artist. This is a Catwoman based on one of his covers.
BW (continued): That comes out by the end of the year, it’s a really playful art style and it really captures his art style in general.
BD: Similar to the animated.
BW: Yea, very similar, there’s cel shading here as well. We’re trying to incorporate that into other areas as well.
Here are the other statues to come from this year’s DC Designer series, along with release information from Walters:
- Batman and Joker Couples Statue (for Valentine’s Day 2021) by Greg Capullo
- Batgirl by Joshua Middleton (for spring)
- Mini Designer Series starting in summer, rolling out through the rest of the year
- Metal Batman by Greg Capullo
- Nightwing by Jim Lee
- Batman by Mike Mignola
- Supergirl by Michael Turner
- BTAS Harley Quinn by Bruce Timm
Follow Benjamin David on the Networks of Socialization:
Facebook Page: C506
Facebook Group: C506-Geek Community
Twitter: C506 Latin America
Instagram: C506 Latin America
Follow us in Youtube YouTube channel.