Grim Dawn creator, Crate Entertainment, have officially revealed that Farthest Frontier will be launching into Early Access on August 9th. Showcasing a brand new story-driven animated trailer as part of the PC Gaming Show, the city builder invites players to protect and guide a small band of settlers to forge a town at the edge of the known world.
From harvesting raw materials to hunting, fishing and farming to survive, building a thriving homestead will be fraught with challenge. Players will need to produce crafted items to trade, consume, equip and fight as you battle for survival against the elements and outside threats.
With a vast array of materials and crops to harvest, dozens of unique buildings to expand your town with and a deep farming system – right down to soil fertility and seasonal rotations – the depth of Farthest Frontier is vast. Whether you choose to play on pacifist and avoid combat altogether or engage with varying levels of raider difficulty to raise the stakes for your town’s survival, enemies you’ll face aren’t always from raiders and foreign armies seeking plunder.
Ensuring your villagers have clean water to stop outbreaks of dysentery and cholera while making sure they are properly clothed to reduce chances of contracting tetanus, rabies or frostbite is key to survival. Failure to manage their needs and secure food properly will see disease creep into your settlement.
Offering beautiful fully customisable maps with randomized terrain generation and resource distribution, players are free to control the amount of water or mountains they desire for extreme maps leading to unique challenges.
Farthest Frontier can be wishlisted now on Steam and is set to launch into Early Access on August 9, 2022. To learn more about the game you can visit its o fficial website.
Key New Features
- Harvest, Grow, Craft – Harvest 14 different raw materials from wood, stone and clay, to metal ores, wild herbs, and honey. Grow 17 types of food, including forage items, fish and game, plus 10 food crops, each with different characteristics. Produce 32 crafted items and materials in a multi—tiered economy.
- Build and Advance – Construct 50 different types of buildings as you grow your town from a fledgling settlement to a bustling city. Your town center and housing will advance through multiple building tiers as the prosperity and desirability of your town increases. Upgrade production buildings to increase efficiency and enable production of more advanced items.
- Most Detailed Farming System Ever – Strategically select from 10 crops with unique growing characteristics and configure crop rotations to maintain soil fertility, avoid heat and frost damage, and prevent the accumulation of diseases. Cultivate your fields over time, removing weeds and rocks, raising fertility and adjusting soil mixture to achieve maximum crop production to keep your growing population fed.
- Advanced Town Simulation – Villagers actively live their lives and perform their jobs in real time. Watch as villagers carry goods across town from remote work-sites to be processed into materials and crafted into items. See foods and goods delivered to homes, the trade post or stored for later use. Develop roads, transport wagons and improve storage methods to facilitate the efficient movement of goods through your town and prevent spoilage.
- Randomly Generated Maps – Farthest Frontier is highly replayable and no game is ever quite the same with beautiful, completely randomized terrain generation and resource distribution. Controls allow players to specify the amount of water or mountains they desire, with extreme maps leading to unique challenges.
- Idyllic to Brutal – Customizable difficulty options allow players to turn off features like invaders and disease, for a more tranquil experience or max out difficulty to truly test their town-builder prowess.
- Environmental Interaction – Develop your economy based on which resources are locally abundant and produce items for trade to acquire that which you lack. Erect fencing to keep deer away from crop fields and stop bears from raiding food storage. Manage tree cover to prevent underground water supplies from drying up. Balance the need to clear land for agriculture around vital natural resources like wild growing medicinal plants and forage items.
- All Them Old-Timey Diseases! – Ensure your villagers have clean water to stop outbreaks of dysentery and cholera. Collect berries and plant greens to avoid scurvy and ensure a healthy diet. Make sure villagers are properly shoed and clothed to reduce chances of contracting tetanus, rabies or frostbite. Build a healer’s house to quarantine the infected and provide herbs and medicine for treatment. Manage rodent populations by collecting waste, securely storing food and employing rat catchers to ward off the feared bubonic plague.
- Fend Off Would-Be Invaders – Choose to play on pacifist and avoid combat altogether or engage with varying levels of raider difficulty to raise the stakes for your town’s survival. Progress from wood palisades to stone walls, build towers and barracks, recruit and equip soldiers in the defense of your town as rising prosperity attracts the attention of raiders and foreign armies seeking plunder.
Ven a nuestras redes para compartir gustos y Cultura Geek:
Follow C506 in Social media for more Geek News:
Comunidad/Group Facebook: C506-Comunidad Geek
Twitter: C506 Latinoamérica
Instagram: C506 Latinoamérica
Puedes seguir leyendo cualquier nota de C506 :